I am expecting a card in the mail. This card will say, "This is the official welcome to parenthood." The back will say "You thought you were parents before but you have now earned the privilege of carrying this card".
Here is how we earned the card.
Monday night, well, Tuesday morning at 3 am I woke up from a dream that Chloe was throwing up in her crib. So I immediately went to check on her. She was fast asleep all snuggled up. In her throw up. I've only ever dealt with an awake puking baby and never one that threw up in BED.
*side note* While getting ready to put Chloe in bed hours before, I had the prompting to take off her sheet and put on a mattress pad. It hasn't been on in ages because it is a pain and she's never needed it. But for one reason or another *cough* I felt like I really needed to do it. So for 10 minutes I fought with the mattress never once questioning the logic behind it.
Fast forward.
In true couple fashion I calmly walked back to our bedroom and said
"Jameson?"
*grunt and head lift*
"Chloe is fine, she's asleep, but she covered in vomit. Can you come help me?"
*grunt*
I, very relaxed I might add, walked back into Chloe's room with a wet rag, and started to wipe her off as Jameson came in the room. I handed her over to him, we finished cleaning her off and he went to change her clothes. Very gratefully, I took off the mattress pad and quilts and put on our last mattress pad and quilts (The rest were in a pile by the washer waiting to be washed. Go figure). I rocked her and sang her to sleep in an instant, that girl was tired! I put her down, Jameson leaned in to give her her binky when she turned her head and threw up again! Jameson picked her up to help her not get it on her again and she turned and puked again!
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
New sheets, new onesie and freshly wiped down hair later we put her back in her crib.
We crawled into bed and talked for a few minutes about what just happened and how nice it was we could both take care of it. We were wide awake! But we finally managed to doze 45 minutes later when from down the hall we heard...
*cough*
*gag*
*cou--*
As one we both rolled our opposite ways to
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
This was the last time that night we woke up. I pleasantly came back into existence around 7:45 in the morning. As always, Jameson was already awake but I heard a "coo" only Chloe makes so I swung my legs out of bed. I opened the door and wasn't one step out the door when Jameson said,
"She blew out halfway up her back, can you go start the tub?"
So I directed my second step toward the bathroom and we bathed our little stinky angel.
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
How to Sew Back Darts
8 years ago
Yay for being parents!!!
ReplyDelete